The Region’s current strategic plan has as one of its pillars; Environmental Stewardship. All decisions need to be examined through this filter. Sustainability is an essential criteria for many of the policy areas that the Region is responsible for. Energy and water conservation, waste diversion, planning policies, active transportation, transit are a few of the areas that can have an impact.
- continue involvement in the support of the Climate Action WR GHG challenge
- Support the efforts and strengthen the relationship with Sustainable Waterloo Region
- Continue to support and enhance the Community Environment Fund program
- Hold the line Countryside Line
- Support more active transportation infrastructure