Thriving neighbourhoods are the foundation of a healthy and prosperous community. Everyone identifies with their neighbourhood and that provides an important sense of belonging and community. Along with the area municipalities Council needs to put in place supportive policies and programs to enhance this objective. The Region can assist in the following ways.
- Our Official Plan must provide for friendly neighbourhood development including mixed housing, subdivision design, transit-friendly policies and active transportation choices
- Sidewalks need to be installed on most streets
- The Bicycle Master Plan must be implemented as expeditiously as possible
- Public transit operating standards must take design into account
- Neighbourhood input into major works and planning policies must be sought out