Getting the public to participate in civic affairs can be a challenge. However, we need public input on a variety of issues in order to make informed decisions and need to make those opportunities easy. We also need to ensure that representation and engagement is sought from sectors of our community that represent cultural and social diversity.
- We need to provide multi-faceted opportunities for public engagement including online surveys, roundtables, committees, roadside signage for upcoming Open Houses, newspaper and radio advertising
- Expand the use of the Engage Waterloo Region portal
- Promote widely the webcasting of Regional Committee and Council meetings
- Continue to request Rogers to broadcast Regional Council meetings
- We must improve our communications with residents and businesses impacted by road construction
- Reach out directly to culturally and socially diverse groups for engagement opportunities
- We need to continue to educate the public about Regional services versus City services